Thank you to all of the artist who have submitted works for selection in the 2022 Omnia Art Prize.
Entries are now closed.
Successful artists will be notified shortly.
2022 is an exciting year for the St Kevin’s Art Show as we launch our new name, Omnia Art Prize, and increase the major non-acquisitive prize to $15,000.
It’s a positive move for this much-loved art show, helping to cement its position as a premier art award that builds on its long and successful history.
Each year we invite established and emerging Australian artists to submit (through our online application) up to three contemporary works of art. The total prize pool available across three categories is $19,500.
There are three prizes on offer which are awarded by a guest judge:
- Major Prize – $15,000 for most outstanding work in any medium
- Best Work on Paper – $3,500, Brother McCarthy Memorial Award
- Audrey Culliver People’s Choice Award – $1,000 for most popular work
Note: Works on paper are eligible to be considered for the Major Prize and the Brother McCarthy Award so artists should not be discouraged from entering smaller works.
Applicants pay a non-refundable entry fee of $35 (to enter up to three artworks).
Read our T&Cs before entering and click on the ENTER ART PRIZE button at the top
- Artists are invited to submit up to three artworks on any subject for consideration by the selection panel.
- The selection panel may shortlist more than one artwork by each artist.
- All artworks exhibited must be available for sale. Multiple editions of works on paper may be offered for sale at the Art Prize provided that they are genuine editioned works (such as editioned photography, editioned etchings, linocuts etc) and not reproductions.
- Entries may include two dimensional and three dimensional works which can be mounted on the wall.
Three-dimensional artworks which cannot be wall mounted are unfortunately not eligible due to display limitations.
Artworks in different mediums are accepted – mixed media, paintings, works on paper(drawing, collage, editioned prints) and photography.
- The maximum finished size of any entry must not exceed 153cm in height or width (including frame).
- The significant prize money should not deter artists from submitting smaller/more affordable works, as the selection panel is seeking to shortlist artworks across a range of price brackets and all works will be given equal consideration during judging.
- All shortlisted artists will receive one ticket to the Gala Night, a fully catered opening night event (ticket value is $55).